Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Pumpkin Patch

On Wednesday I had a chance to go on a field trip with Lil Miss. 
I am so excited to go on as many field trips as I can with the kids this year.  
It was a beautiful fall day for the pumpkin patch.
 The preschoolers had fun looking at all the petting zoo animals: the bunnies, ducks, chickens, 
and sheep.  Of course my child always likes to be by the teacher, asks tons of questions, 
and has plenty of stories to share with anyone who will listen. 
It was funny see her interact with the other children. 
She only knows a few names but is not shy at all. 

Her favorite part (after snack time) was the wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch.  
She loved the bumpy ride into the field, but then when we got to the actual pumpkin patch. 
She flipped out.  
My girl would not step foot into the pumpkin plants.  
All the other kids were rushing out to get the perfect pumpkin and my girl was scared of the plants. 
This is not acceptable for this plant loving momma.  
So I carried her out in the patch, sat her down to pick the "perfect" pumpkin (also known as the first pumpkin we saw) and then hurried back to the wagon.  
The first field trip of her little life.  
I was so glad to spend this time with her, and I can't wait to chaperon the 
older kids field trips too.  One of the best parts of Lil Miss starting preschool this year! 

1 comment:

  1. Snack time is the best! Glad lily knows where it's at!! :)

    ReplyDelete