Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Say Cheese!!

I like taking pictures. 
Let me rephrase that... I LOVE taking pictures. 
I love capturing a great shot of one of my kids. 
I love seeing their personality in a photograph. 
I get lost in looking at old pictures that I've taken. 
I LOVE anything related to photography. 
I am not a professional. 
I am a casual photographer who has a great Nikon camera that I shoot in Automatic. 
Which is a no-no, but its not that I don't know how to take a picture manually. 
It's that I let everyone in my family be a photographer. 
The hubby grabs my camera just to get good shots occasionally and Miss Rosie Posie is 
becoming quite a great photographer too. 
This isn't more evident than in a little photo shoot we did last week just the 6 of us. 
I realize the value of having a professional photographer take pictures. 
I tried scheduling a photographer this fall, but timing and our schedules don't leave a lot 
of time for photographers to get a session in. 
Oh, and how I really wanted outdoor photos this year of ALL 6 of us.   
I have photo sessions with the kids a couple times a year, where we get dressed up and 
mommy gets to play with different shots I want to try.  
I even rearrange the furniture and create backdrops.
I rarely never get the Hubby to play along though.  
 I did catch him in a very good mood last week though, and talked him into getting dressed up and 
playing model for me while we shot a picture for Christmas cards. 
Yes, it is that time of the year. 
Are you not listening to Christmas Carols, yet?
 The Hubby does get some great shots! 
 She informs me every day now, that she is daddy's girl.
 {Lil Miss almost 4}
 {Rosie - one month from 10}
It is hard to get THIS smile from her. 
She has the most beautiful smile and when she shows it my heart grows. 
{Bubba -- 8 years old}
This guy has style. 
The girls do not have a problem with me picking out their clothes for pictures. 
I know there will come a day that mommy's style won't be their style, 
but for the most part they love what I throw together. 
This guy on the other hand has an opinion on what he has to wear. 
He knows what he likes and is particular, even to what shoes he is going to wear. 
Notice no shoes are shown on any picture, but he spent 15 minutes deciding what high-tops would 
look the best. 

{Gigi - Age 7}
What can I say about this beauty?
She's gorgeous and knows how to work the camera.  
She comes up with her own poses and every picture is stunning.  

 There was lots of love as we ran around a field of prairie grass trying to get pictures. 
It was comical. 
For shots with all 6 of us in them, I would set up the shot press the timer and run to my spot while trying to put my hair in place, straighten my jacket, not fall, and try to smile. 
I don't recommend this way to get a shot.  It's exhausting and half of the photos I look like I'm panting. 
Occasionally you get a shot worth something. 
I picture where all 6 of us are at least looking at the camera, because that's all I really need.  

  {my babies}
So for an hour on a Sunday afternoon and 30 minutes after playing on the playground, 
I got pictures for me to get lost in years from now. 
Pictures are priceless. 
 There are too few pictures of Mommy and Daddy, but Rosie was 
able to even get a great shot of us two.  
Again, priceless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment